If a student asks to be reinstated (or a parent asks on behalf of a student), we do require that the student contact the teacher and the NSO counselor to set up a plan for more successful study. We review the timelines, number of hours the student is expected to spend in the course, and number of assignments needed to complete. If the student demonstrates a more serious approach to their work, then we will reinstate them. But we do monitor them more closely for continued progress and activity.
To request reinstatement into online course/s following Administrative Withdrawal:
Student must a submit letter (via email) copied to:
- NSO counselor
- online teacher/s
- school counselor
The letter must include the following:
- Student name
- Online course/s that you are requesting be reinstated
- Reasons for your lack of activity and work completion to date
- Changes you plan to make in the future to ensure your success
- Immediate steps you will take once your access has been restored
- Confirmation that you have read the student expectations and understand what is required.
Students must follow this procedure before a decision regarding reinstatement is considered. NSO staff and teachers will review the request and reply to all parties. If course access is restored yet lack of activity continues for a week following reinstatement, student will be administratively withdrawn on a permanent basis.